MORAKNIV GARBERG KNIFE BLACK
- The coil shape in the heart of the knife is strongly related to the heritage of Morakniv. In Sweden, the knife with the red coil-shaped handle is probably as well known as the famous Dalahorse.
- The rhombus pattern is a traditional pattern that is present in many variations in Mora and the region of Dalarna. In the handle, the pattern provides a significantly improved grip. Besides its high functionality, it also pays a tribute to their region and history.
- The 0.13″ thick blade goes all the way through the handle to the rear, which provides extra strength.
- The rear part of the handle has a hole for fastening a Lanyard, rope or other gadgets according to preference.
- A specially made and extra rugged polyamide is used during the moulding process of the handle. Compared to other polymers, this one provides the handle with exceptional mechanical properties and makes it extremely stress resistant. This makes the handle close to unbreakable.
- The symmetrical handle allows flexible use of the knife. The drop design on the back is big enough to keep the knife steady in your hand.
- The knife is ground with a Scandi grind which makes it easy to keep sharp.
- The blade has a semi-matte finish appreciated among the outdoor community.
- The blade is 0.13″ thick and 4.3″ long. It is made of high-quality Swedish stainless steel (14C28N) that is treated to the highest quality in their own factory.
- The spine of the blade is ground to make the edge perfect for use with a fire starter. This means that you do not need to use the edge of the blade when starting your fire, which makes your knife stay sharp for longer.
Multi-Mount Sheath Features
- The Morakniv Multi-Mount is a versatile mounting solution that takes your knife use to the next level. It allows the knife to be mounted virtually anywhere you want. It is compatible with the MOLLE standard mounting system. It has strategically placed screw holes and slots for different types of straps. Attach and detach the knife from the mount in just a couple of seconds. Of course, it is also possible to just take the knife straight out of the sheath and use it.
- The knife is kept safe in the mount with a Hook & Loop fastener. It allows a secure mounting as well as a fast and easy attachment. If you are looking for a more permanent fastening solution, the Hook & Loop fastener can be replaced with a cable tie.
- The secondary locking strap has details made of leather. This natural material is probably the best choice when it comes to durability in details like these, that are put to repeated wear and tear.
- When the knife is used together with the Multi-Mount you have the option of putting a secondary locking on the sheath. This is a feature most military units require when using the MOLLE system. It is also a useful feature when you want to be completely sure that the knife stays in place, for example during a bumpy ride with the ATV.
- Blade Length: 4.3″ (109 mm)
- Overall Length: 9″ (229 mm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.13″ (3.2 mm)
- Blade Material: 14C28N Swedish Stainless Steel
- Blade Grind: Scandi
- Blade Finish: Semi-Matte
- Handle Material: Rugged Polyamide, Black
- Weight: 9.6 oz. (272 g)
- Made in Sweden