The legal stuff
Ammunition, primers and Powder
When you buy ammunition, primers or propellant from us, you unfortunately have to collect it in person from our store – and you have to bring your fire arm license too. You may want to bring the family to do some additional shopping while we sort out the paper work with you. Unfortunately that’s what the law says !
When you want to pay us
We prefer your mother in law’s old gold jewelry, biltong, diamonds and EFTs (not really !!!!). Unfortunately Zim dollars or bonds do not work either. If you pay us, please do so via Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT). When paying by EFT we can unfortunately only release your goodies once the money shows in our bank account.
Credit Cards are a real pain if you are not in store in person.
Should you be so lucky to have one of our vouchers (you can buy them the same way you buy our products), please note that each of them have a serial number and an expiry date. Please don’t use a voucher with a serial number that someone else may have used before and if it is beyond the expiry date – it had expired and we can no longer accept it. Also please note that we can not exchange vouchers for cash or transfer or assign it to someone else.
Our web site is not our store so you may do some things and others not
When you are bored and not out in the bush, browse our web site, buy some stuff from us and send us your thoughts, but please don’t use us to represent what we are not or not be honest with us. Please don’t copy or reproduce our web site as you may get the spelling or some of the legal stuff wrong and get into trouble. Please also don’t try to update our web site as we like it the way it is. If you use anything from our web site without us agreeing to it, you may get into trouble and then we will for sure not assist you and you do so on your own. And finally – we know you love the Zimbi logo as much as we do – but we area a registered trade mark and you must please not use it without our agreement (which we will not withhold if you pay us handsomely) .
The stuff on our site are done by humans and sometimes we make errors too
- Our website is maintained and updated by humans and as such – like you – we try our best. In some, rare cases, it may happen that the description may not be accurate or the picture may not be a reflection of the product.
- As we are a retailer, we can not give any guarantees or warranties on any of the products or contents on this site. We sell these products on an “as is” basis without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to warranties, fitness for a purpose and non-infringement (that was a whole mouthful from our lawyers).
- We have some more stuff from our lawyers. They have advised, and we have accepted that we assume no responsibility for errors or omissions in the contents of this web site. We do not warrant, guarantee or make any representation regarding the safety, reliability, accuracy, correctness or completeness of the content of this site.
- We will not be liable for any direct, indirect, general, special, incidental or consequential damages (including -without limitation – data loss, lost revenues and lost profit) which may result from the inability to use or the correct or incorrect use, abuse, or misuse of these contents, even if we have been informed of the possibilities of such damages. (Now you understand why we pay them so much money).
- We will take all reasonable efforts to accurately indicate prices and delivery charges. However, sometimes we may make a mistake. Should products be erroneously offered at incorrect prices and/or delivery charges, we will not be obliged to sell products at such incorrect prices and/or delivery charges. If you have paid us, we will refund and money received from you should you not wish to proceed with the purchase at the correct price and/or delivery charge.
- Should we intend to give something away for free, we will tell you that. A price of R0.00 is an indication that we are updating the item on our web site and it does not imply that it is for free.
General stock related legal stuff
Stocks of all goods on offer are limited. We will take all reasonable efforts to ensure that when stock is no longer available, that offers thereof are discontinued. However, should we be unable to fulfil any order placed by you at the advertised price due to stock having sold out, we will notify you and you will be entitled to a refund of the amount paid by you for such product, as explained in more detail in the ‘If you don’t like it’ section.
Duties and taxes
- Value added tax at the rate of 15% is charged on goods bought by South African residents. VAT is not payable on orders if both the billing and the shipping address are international.
- Import duties may be payable by recipients of goods in foreign countries. As we are not tax experts, we may not know what import duties/levies may be payable and cannot calculate or estimate such costs. We will therefore have to ask you to please sort this yourself. After you have sorted it, you may be responsible to pay import taxes/duties/levies in your country.
Your shopping basket or wish list
- When you place a product in a shopping basket or adding it to a wishlist without completing the purchase cycle it does not constitute an agreement of sale or an order for such product. Given that you have not yet parted with your money, we may remove these products from your shopping basket or wishlist if stock becomes unavailable. If this happens you cannot hold us liable.
- We only agree to sell any products to you when:
- You electronically submit a properly completed order for one or more products in your shopping basket; and
- Payment is either authorised, or received into our bank account.
- Should there be a time lapse between the two, we can only sell the product once you have paid. If the product is so popular that it has been sold out, we request that you recognise the time taken to make payment and if we can not find some more, at the same price, we will refund you.
- We may terminate or cancel an order if we suspect fraud. In this case, we will notify you and we will only be liable to refund monies already paid by you. We also accept no other liability which may arise as a result of such refusal to process any order/sale.
Our legal obligations
Under the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008 in relation to any products sold by us to you via the website and under sections 43(5) and 43(6) of the ECT Act in relation to our payment systems not being sufficiently secure, neither us nor any of its agents or representatives shall be liable for any damage, loss or liability of whatsoever nature arising from the use or inability to use this website or the services or content provided from and through this website. Furthermore, we make no representations or warranties, implied or otherwise, that, amongst others, the content and technology available from this website are free from errors or omissions or that the service will be 100% uninterrupted and error free. You are encouraged to satisfy yourself prior to accepting these terms and conditions for our products and services that the service available from and through this website will meet your individual requirements and be compatible with your hardware and/or software. We would also appreciate it if you can report any possible malfunctions and errors to firstname.lastname@example.org.
When we are in complete disagreement
Information, ideas and opinions expressed on this Website should not be regarded as professional advice or the official opinion of Zimbi and you are encouraged to consult professional advice before taking any course of action related to information, ideas or opinions expressed on this Website.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
This Website is hosted, controlled and operated from the Republic of South Africa and therefore governed by South African law. Should we end up disagreeing, your transaction with us subjects you to to the jurisdiction of South African courts.